The last year of my life has been spent being engulfed by everything beauty related – And it’s been pure bliss. Working as a beauty journalist has only helped my own personal interest in skincare and makeup, which has always been a big part of my life. Writing about beauty you are blessed enough to try new things and listen to some amazing speakers, just dive headfirst into the nerddom of beauty!
Having also met a guy abroad means that I’m travelling a lot. In general, I go to London once a month to visit him and trust me – My skin has not been happy. Having been able to bring only hand luggage has somewhat distracted my normal routine – But finally, I feel like I’ve figured it out.
With no further ado, here are my travel skincare essentials:
- Caolion’s Pore Triple Action Cleansing stick (£23 / 50g) is a true hero product from Korea. This handy little stick turns from balm to oil to foam and gives you the ultimate deep cleans. I use the charcoal version which balances out complexion and fights that dreaded sebum production leading to zits and spots.
- Byredo’s Blanche hand cream (£24 /30 ml) So, part of me has to love everything Byredo does just because there’s some national pride there. The Swedish brand is most famously known for their unisex scents and this perfectly sized hand cream sports my favourite one – Blanche – which is light and fresh.
- Björk & Berries’ Birch Recovery face oil (£40 / 30 ml) and Skin Awakening C-serum (£46 / 30 ml) are some of my favourite products ever! Th oil is magic for dry winter skin and the C-serum really does give your face a wake-up kick! The Swedish brand focuses on natural products inspired by the Swedish climate, and they smell ah-mazing!
- Clean’s Warm Cashmere (30 ml) This limited edition perfume from Clean is meant to recreate the perfect fall day with notes of figs and blackcurrant. Sadly this is no longer available to buy from my very short research online. Overall Clean has scents that are at an ok price range and a good size, and amazing scents of course!
- Lumene Travel sized Glow Revel moisturizer and Overnight bright sleeping cream has changed the way I take care of my skin abroad. I can not recall seeing these in a travel size in stores, but if you can get your hands on the full-size ones! They are gorgeous and the vitamin C really brightens tired and dull winter skin.
Enjoy your travels!